Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy birthday Mom

My mother is 85 today. She's still living in the house that I grew up in. It was the first and only house my parents ever bought. She feels like it's too much to take care of now but the thought of packing up and moving to an apartment is too much to think about.

We've tried to get her to move near us but that's overwhelming to her, too. I tell her that I would do all the work but it doesn't matter. She would worry about it and that seems to be the big problem - something else to worry about.

I wish I could see her more often and help her with all the things she can't do. Maybe one of these days I'll win that argument but that would be the first one. She doesn't have a computer and will never see this message. I love you, Mom. I hope you have a great day with many more to follow.

No comments: