Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Thoughts of spring

With yet another snow storm on the way, I thought it would be nice to think ahead to spring. This is a picture I took a couple of years ago in June. To see it in its original size, just click on it.

One of these days, the snow and ice will melt. The skies will clear. The air will smell fresh and sweet. Birds will sing and we won't need coats and gloves when we go outside. Every year, the winter ends and spring begins. In my mind, though, it seems like this will never happen. But it does. Every year.

5 comments:

The Black Fox said...

That's a cool flower. I can't wait for spring.

JED said...

Thanks, Black Fox. I wish I knew what kind of flower it is. I'd like to try to grow them in our backyard.

Blankiy said...

That is a pretty flower. I love the way the petals are some small and some Big. I want spring to be hear. It is nice to have snow to play in it.

Blankiy said...

I met to say. I love the way the petals are, some are small and are Big.

JED said...

Hi Blankiy. I like the water drops on the petals. I look forward to spring, too, but my favorite season is fall.