Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Wandering Balloon on its last "legs"

As I mentioned in the post The Wandering Balloon, some balloons I bought for my family for Valentine's Day are still inflated but the one I dubbed The Wandering Balloon is not doing so well. It's still wandering about the house but it's not moving as much or as fast as it once did. The picture here shows it limping along in our living room. It's really kind of silly but I feel sorry for it! We've come to look on it almost as a pet. Should we "put it down" or let it continue as it is? Is there a balloon doctor we should think of taking it to? Whay am I spending time think about this?

Well, it has involved itself in our lives. We will be talking about something and out of the corner of our eye, we'll see the wanderer move into the room. In some ways, it has an easier time now that it's dragging along the floor because it no longer needs to dip down below the top of the door to move from room to room. I don't think we'll be seeing it upstairs anymore unless someone helps it. That reminds us of our helping our old cat Rosie (a post about her on my wife's blog) onto the couch when she isn't feeling up to it. Speaking of the cats, they liked tracking it around the house when it was more active. They liked batting at the string but now that it's moving so slowly, they've lost interest in ti. If only I could get it out of mind.

3 comments:

Shadow-Fox said...

That's too bad.

JED said...

Isn't it funny? I think we feel bad about it because it moves around. I wonder if we'd feel as bad if it was just standing still.

Paper Wario said...

I think it would be best to pop the Balloon, that is too bad, ever Balloon has to go.