Sunday, June 12, 2011

National Geographic - Photo of the Day

I've added another link on the right side of my blog. This link, temporarily at the top of the list, points to the National Geographic website Photo of the Day page. The picture at the right, a very reduced version of the Photo of the Day for June 11, 2011,
was taken by Jonathan Manshack during autumn in Hameln, Germany. If you follow the link, there is an option to download a 1600 x 1200 pixel image for use as wallpaper on your computer. You can do that for any of the Photo of the Day selections.

The National Geographic magazine has been famous for over a century for its beautiful photography but there is much more to it. The society funds research and exploration. Their maps are beautiful art in themselves and very informative. And they've changed with the times. They have a television channel and their website is well thought out, responsive and beautiful.

As my colleague who told me about the Photo of the Day site says, "Beware of the Previous link on the page. You can spend a long time clicking it as each picture draws you in." You won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

JonathanM said...

Hey now, that's my photo I submitted :) Thanks for posting it on your blog ! -JM

JED said...

I am honored that you visited my blog. That is an amazing picture. If you have a blog or website of your own where you post other pictures, I'd love to see it.

And I'm sure glad I attributed your picture correctly. I wouldn't want to get in trouble.

JonathanM said...

You're quite welcome :) I found your site by googling my name, lol. I was just curious to see if anybody was taking credit for it. As long as you said I took the photo I'm cool with it being on your blog! So no worries. Oh, I do use Picasa for my photos but in order to prevent ppl from taking them I have them locked. Only way to get to see them is if I get your email and I will send you a personal invite.

ciao ciao
-JM