Saturday, August 20, 2011

Changes in Motorcycle Row

Our office has a designated area to park motorcycles and scooters. It's not marked - it's just an understanding between the company and motorcycle owners. There are about six people who own motorcycles in our office but only three or four ever ride them in on the same day. The Harley in the right of the top picture is gone now. It was traded in for the bright red Harley on the left in the bottom picture. I told the owner that he was just jealous of my nice red scooter and tried to match it with his new bike. He just laughed.
Once in a while, people who drive cars will park in this area. As I said, the space isn't marked so it's not surprising. Maybe car owners like this space because it's close to the building. There are places to park that are even closer to the building but in this area, there are no lines to park between and I think some folks like the luxury of allowing more space between their car and the one next to them. The marked spaces are pretty tightly packed. One day when cars filled the area for motorcycles, I parked my scooter in one of the marked spaces. Someone remarked about how I was taking up a whole space so I won't do that again. Why does there always need to be a problem?


No comments: