Tuesday, May 08, 2012

On my way into work today

Here's another interesting scene from my trip into work. I pass this farm every day (if I ride my scooter - it's on a back road) and see horses in the field from time to time. But they are not often out at the times I pass and sometimes they are in a different field. Most of the time, I'm running late and can't afford the time to stop and take a picture. But today, everything worked together. Click on the picture to enlarge it. I left it in its original size, 2816 x 1584, so it may take a while to load.

I've always liked horses but I have to admit I'm a little afraid of them. Not at this range with a fence between us. When I stand close to horse, though, I'm amazed at their size and the power they have. I know they are usually gentle but I always imagine the worst and can vividly picture them trampling me into a pulp. So, I leave the riding of horses to my wife. They are magnificent animals with a long history with humans. I love the tranquility of this scene. The horses moved slowly and ate leisurely. They knew they were in no danger. They seem to be well cared for and pampered. The fence not only keeps them from wandering into danger but also keeps danger away.

There are many nice scenes along my way to work. I hope to include more in the future.

No comments: