Saturday, March 15, 2014

For my birthday - Part 3

This is the last of my posts about my 63rd birthday. Previously, I wrote about what we did on my birthday. Then I wrote about what I bought myself for my birthday. Now I'm writing about what my family bought me for my birthday.

My son got me the biggest surprise. He searched and searched and found a Samurai Jack T-shirt. Samurai Jack is an animated series that we have all liked for a long time. There were only four seasons made and we have them all on DVD. I want to talk more about Samurai Jack in a future post. It is a fascinating show with interesting stories and unique production. Sadly, the series ended with no resolution to the story. We still hold out hope that there will be a movie to wrap things up..

My daughter bought me the two shirts pictured on the left. She is quite a good, self-taught artist and she is fascinated by colors and I really like the colors she picked for these shirts. I would have never picked the rugby shirt on my own (the top one) because of the color on top but now that I see it and how it matches with the other two colors, I really like it. I have no idea what to call that top color. If I say it's "purple", she would say it's "lavender" so I won't even try to name it. It just works. I should have laid the shirts side-by-side in this picture. Also, I shouldn't have laid them over the edge of our bed because they look like they are really wide at the waist. But then again, maybe if they were this shape, they'd fit me well!

The next gift was from my wife. She knows I love coffee and that it is a special treat for the week-ends. We usually share a pot of tea each day during the week and I enjoy that, too. There is something about the ritual of making a pot of tea that enhances the enjoyment. And sharing it with someone I love is the best. But once in a while, I like a cup of coffee and Green Mountain Coffee is wonderful. For one thing, it's delicious. But the big reason I like Green Mountain is because it is the coffee that was served at the bed and breakfast where my wife and I spent our honeymoon. That was a magical time. Every time I have a cup of Green Mountain Coffee, it reminds me of being alone with my new wife in the winter in Vermont. And it's only gotten better. That's one of the reasons I don't mind my birthdays. It's the mark of another year with the most wonderful woman in the world.

No comments: