Sunday, November 18, 2007

New layout for my blog and...

This is just a quick note to mark that my blog template has changed. Blogger (the service which publishes this blog) has made it easier to add links to the list on the right. But I had to upgrade my blog to use the new features. I like this new layout. My profile is at the bottom now. That's good, too. Who wants me staring at them while they read the latest entry?

As a side note, we've been in our new house for just over a year (we started moving in on Saturday, November 4, 2006) and I've been blogging (intermittently) for over a year (first post was October 14, 2006). I've got a few stories to tell about our first year in the house. Like when we'd only been in the house for a week and a big rain storm hit (the night of Saturday, November 11) and we got water in the basement - where half of our stuff was still sitting from having just moved in! I'll try to add this and other stories soon.

We are also wrapping up our big project at work. It was originally planned to be done in April, 2007. The new plan is the end of this month (November, 2007) but we'll see. There is still a lot to do.

Also, in the middle of the rush to get the project done, our company had scheduled a one-day seminar in how to help our creativity. Perhaps I'll write a bit about that, too.

I know I've been bad about writing new posts for this blog. It's not that there enough things to write about. The problem is finding the time to create a well-written, understandable post about the people, events and things in my life. My main reason for doing this blog is for my own use - to document the everyday things. I want to remember when we did certain things. What I was thinking at certain times. Also, I want to push myself a bit to improve my writing. As someone once told me, "The best way to be a writer is to be a writer." Just having thoughts is not enough. You need to write those thoughts down to organize them. And, if the thoughts are only in your head, they are easy to forget. But, I need to treat this blog more like a diary and force myself to write something every day. I'm missing a lot of the little things that happen every day.

One final note, the reason I wanted to edit the layout of my blog was to make it easier to add a new link to my list of blogs. My wife has started blogging and I have added her blog, "A House with Two Cats", to my list.

No comments: