Monday, January 26, 2009

Walking is free exercise

I had one of those moments tonight that annoy me. After work, I was running a little late to get into the post office before they closed. I normally don't look for a parking spot as close as possible to where I'm going. I don't mind walking and actually like getting a little extra exercise by parking away from the building I'm going to. But tonight, every second mattered as I was trying to get to the post office before they closed. I didn't make it because I had to park too far away.

There is a health club in the same building as the post office. All the spots close to the building were taken up by the people who joined the health club as their New Year's resolution. Isn't it strange that people who are going to the health club for exercise have to take all the parking spots as close to the building as possible? This is why they need to join a club to get exercise - they're not capable of getting their own exercise. They wouldn't need the health club as much if they would change their lifestyle a little bit. Park a little further away from buildings. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator. Lay off the snacks. But they'd rather spend money to get their exercise.

No comments: