Thursday, May 05, 2011

The last Easter Egg

We always have an Easter Egg hunt for our children. We're always careful to have the same number of eggs for each of them (with each of our children looking for eggs of a certain color). But this year, Evan found one less egg than his sister Emma. We looked and looked but assumed the wind had blown it away, our dog had grabbed it or I had just miscounted (I'm the Easter Bunny).

I felt very bad and every time I've gone out in our yard since then, I've looked around for the missing egg. Our dog Charlie had helped me place the eggs and he helped me look for the missing one, too. And we still couldn't find it!

Finally, yesterday, after having his dinner and needing to walk it off (so to speak), Charlie convinced me to take him out for a snoop around the yard. While Charlie didn't find the egg (he spends the whole time with his nose to the ground), he led me to the tree where I'd put the egg - and forgotten about it.

I couldn't wait to get into the house to tell Evan and the rest of the family. As you can see in the top picture, it's a wonder that we missed the egg for so long. And as you can see in the second picture, while Evan is 14 years old, he still enjoys hunting for Easter Eggs. Especially when they've been hiding for so long.

2 comments:

The Firebending Plumber said...

That's the longest Easter egg hunt I have ever seen.

Cindy said...

I thought I was an Easter bunny?