Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A paucity of blog posts

How's that for a word I never thought I'd use? Paucity - The presence of something only in small or insufficient quantities or amounts.

My posts have really fallen off recently. It's partly because I finally got out to do some yard work that has needed to be done and I also took the time to clear out and dig up our garden plot to get ready to plant new vegetables for this year's garden. But the biggest reason I didn't post anything from May 12 - 15 was that my wife had to go to the hospital for surgery on Thursday, May 12. I was kept pretty busy those days doing things she normally does plus doing things I normally do.

Of course, the day of her hospital stay was all taken up with being in the hospital. My wonderful mother-in-law watched the kids that day so I could take Cindy to the hospital and stay there while she was there and then bring her home afterwards. We ended up spending almost eight hours there due to them taking her into surgery late and then our needing to stay in the recovery area a long time because she felt so sick whenever she would get up to leave. But we are thankful for the wonderful hospital we have right in our town. It is well run and well staffed. They doctors, nurses and other staff are courteous and helpful.

When I first started this blog, I was paranoid about mentioning anything about who I was, where I lived and anything about my family. I always made sure to not show the faces of my wife and children. As the years have passed, I've lost some of that paranoia. I've even put links to the two churches we've attended in our town. So, I shouldn't worry about giving our local hospital some much deserved credit. Our wonderful Falmouth Hospital was recently honored as one of the top 100 most improved hospitals in the country and a few years ago was recognized by Consumers Digest as being one of 50 exceptional hospitals in the country. That's pretty nice for a place that is only a 10 minute drive from our house.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Yes, life does sometimes get in the way of our good intentions to blog...you had a good excuse, so I will let it slide. haha My excuse? Well, I was staring at a computer all day, reading kids' essays (some almost read like blogs!) So it's always great catching up whenever I can, even if it's a paucity of blog posts.
Smile today. :)