Sunday, January 08, 2012

Eighteen years

It was eighteen years ago today that Cindy and I were married. I was in love with her that day but I didn't realize how much more in love with her I would be in eighteen years. It just goes to show you that even if you think you can't love someone more than you do now, love can grow. For as great as everything seemed that day, it is amazing how it has gotten even better through the years.

I remember being nervous when our minister was giving his message during the ceremony and he said, "I don't believe in marriages that are 50-50." He was pretty conservative and I was sure he was going to talk about men's roles versus women's roles and that some people at the ceremony were going to be offended by what came next. But I was delighted when he continued, "Those kinds of marriages have more trouble than marriages where both partners give 100%." How true that is. Of course, no one can give 100% all the time (in spite of what the TV commercials would have you believe) but I think he meant you have to do your best all the time. You should give your all to your spouse and the marriage. When you have children, it does sometimes feel like your giving more than 100% but all you have to do is sit back (for a minute) and see how much more your spouse is doing.

Cindy, I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love you too honey

Fire-Cat said...

that is sooooooo nice that you post that on your Blog Daddya!!!!