Sunday, January 01, 2017

My Annual Apology

It seems that every year I need to write an apology for not writing more in this blog during the past year. This year is no different. I only wrote 48 posts last year but, on the bright side, that's more posts than I wrote annually in the previous three years. 35 posts in 2013, 26 posts in 2014 and only 22 posts in 2015! So, things are improving a bit.

The strange part is that I enjoy writing these blog posts. And I enjoy reading them later after I've forgotten that I wrote them. I do have to be careful not to repeat posts because I come up with ideas and start to write them down and then find out I've written about the subject before. But most times I'm able to add a bit of new thinking to the subject so it's not all that bad.

I have lots of ideas for posts. I just need time to write them so that they are understandable, offer some interesting information and are written well. That last point is more important than you might think. One of the original; reasons for starting this blog was to help improve my writing. I have a long way to go but it has definitely helped me in learning to organize my thoughts. As any writer knows, it's a long, hard trip from ideas in your head to a well written article. One of the harder parts of writing a post is finding a picture that helps illustrate the main theme for the post. Notice there is no picture or graphics for today's post.

There are many subjects to write about. The Pastor of our church continues to give insightful and entertaining sermons. I want to write about some of those. I continue to learn more about my faith in Jesus Christ and want to write about that, too. I continue to learn more about programming computers and would like to share some of the things I've learned. I've read some wonderful books I want to write about. I've seen some movies and TV shows I want to write about. I want to write about trying to get my piano playing abilities back and I want to write about the trials, encouragement, disasters, triumphs and ultimate sadness of helping my Mother during the last few years of her life. I think a lot of the things I learned while helping her may be helpful to other people who are going through similar things.

This could be the greatest year ever! There are reasons it might not be the greatest year ever but we won't go into that right now. I'll probably write about that, too.

Happy New Year.

No comments: