Saturday, October 14, 2006

First post to this blog

It's October 14, 2006. I'm 55 years old and I've been working as an electronics engineer since 1975. I'm married with two kids and we're within a month of moving into our new home.

I hope to be writing about things I've learned in my profession, in my marriage, as a parent and in life in general. It probably won't be interesting to anyone but me, my family and my friends. But I just feel a need, sometimes, to write things down. Partly so I don't forget them, partly to share them with friends and family and partly just to get in the habit of writing something on a regular interval.

I bought an old farmhouse in 1982 (it had been a strawberry farm, among other things) and two acres of land plus a small cottage that could be rented out. I was unmarried at the time and thought it would take no time to fix up. Boy was I wrong! No house ever gets to the point where there is no work to do on it but this old house was in much worse shape than I could have imagined. But now, we're building a brand new house and everything will work, all the corners will be square and there won't be any hidden treasures behind the walls.

That's it for now. I'm going to get the rest of the blog in order and start in earnest tomorrow.


No comments: