Saturday, April 07, 2012

I'm a lumberjack...

...and I'm OK. I'd sleep all night if our dog would let me. There are people who dispute that I work all day. And don't even think about the rest of the song!

This was a case of my not being able to find a pruning saw I often use to cut up branches that fall down. I looked and looked but I couldn't find it and figured it was finally time to figure out how to use the chain saw my father-in-law had left (Ralph died over ten years ago). It's an electric one (a Poulan EL-14) and I was less afraid of it than I am of the gasoline ones. But I still wasn't sure about it. I didn't know if I'd need to tighten the chain and I wasn't sure how to oil the chain. It turned out to be much easier than I thought. It has a manual oiler that can take regular 10W30 motor oil and you just push the top of the cap to get a little oil on the blade when you need it.

It took me a few tries to get the hang of it and I think the blade was a little dull after ten years or more of no use. But after about five minutes, I was sawing through branches about five or six inches in diameter. We're getting ready for another burning session in a week or two and I wanted to be better prepared this time.

So, in the end, I'm glad I wasn't able to find my pruning saw. But where did I put that thing?

4 comments:

Gloria said...

May you never find it...good story and nice photo...lumberjack? Really?
Smile today. :)

Cindy said...

Good ole Monty Pythom! Stay away from my bras!

Nya said...

Your a lumberjack and your Ok you sleep all night and you work all day.... I don't know the rest of the song.

Dancing Ninja said...

Cut them with a golden weapon, but don't let the skeleton's get it.