Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The last day of a bad blogging year

I have had a hard time getting posts organized to publish this year. I've talked a little about the challenges that we've had this year but that's really no excuse. Blogger makes it very easy to enter a few thoughts and publish them. There doesn't need to be a picture to illustrate it. There doesn't need to be cross-referenced documentation for everything. There doesn't even need to be a coherent narrative. All you need is five minutes (or less) to write something and then hit the Publish button.

No, the problem is that I'm trying to be perfect - or as perfect as I can be. That is a nice goal but when it interferes with getting things done, it is wrong. So, this is going to be the start of a new way of thinking about my blog. Actually, it's not new. It's a return to the way of treating this blog that I've talked about before.

This will be only my 26th post of the year. That's the smallest number since the first year of this blog, 2006, and that year's number of posts was small because I didn't start this blog until October of that year. Next year will be better. I can't wait. I plan to tell you all about!

No comments: