Monday, February 26, 2018

If you want to remember things better

I just read a fascinating article on the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) website about how we can increase our ability to remember things. It's not some supplement you take or drug you have to use. It's not a vitamin or a course of study you have to take. It's simply to rest. Yes, my favorite activity! Rest!

Here is the link to the article. Read it for yourself. It is very encouraging. I'm not sure this technique is useful in every situation. For instance, I am terrible at remembering people's names when I first meet them. I can't imagine being introduced to someone at a party or other gathering and then immediately finding a quiet place with no distractions, sitting down, closing my eyes and relaxing. That would be a little awkward.

No comments: