Tuesday, January 08, 2019

25 years ago today

This is the anniversary of my marrying the most beautiful girl in the world. We'd known each other for years but only started dating the year before. I can remember having all the wrong ideas about what type of woman I would marry and what falling in love was all about. Then, the first time we went out on a date, I knew. Being with Cindy was completely different than being with anyone else. Everything seemed so effortless when I was with her. And she made me feel like I was always doing the right thing.

I was 42 years old and thought I would never find the right woman. I had given up and thought no woman would ever want to marry me. But God has a plan. We just need to acknowledge our need and that we aren't in control. In one way, I'm glad it took so long. In another way, though, I see how I was the problem - thinking I knew what I was doing and thinking I had it all figured out.

The last quarter century has flown by. I'm sure the next one will, too.

No comments: