Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My daughter's blog

My daughter has caught the blogging bug. She already had the "crafting" bug so she has combined the two. She started a new blog named "Crafts Made by Me". She loves making things and she loves showing those things to us. So, this blog seemed like a natural project for her.

One bad thing is that Google/Blogger doesn't seem to allow a young person like her to have their own blog. Goggle doesn't even let her have her own Gmail account. I was surprised at this. Yahoo let us set up an email account for her after having one of us sign into our account and verifying that we are letting her have the account. They charge our credit card $0.50 to verify that we are an adult and that's it. It all makes sense. I did that after having Google tell us we couldn't set up an email account for her because of her age. So, I assumed that once we had the Yahoo mail account, we'd be able to set up a Blogger account for her but we got the same notification from Blogger that we got from Gmail.

So, my wife has set up a new blog in her own name and is just letting our daughter use it. In case you don't get a chance to visit the new blog from this post, you'll see that her blog is listed on the right under my "Other blogs" list. I think you'll like the variety of projects she undertakes. She is quite a remarkable young lady and I'm proud of her.

2 comments:

Crafts made by me said...

Thank you Daddya!!!

Cindy said...

And she checks it every 5 minutes!