Saturday, January 01, 2011

First post of the year

I'm not really entering this until January 3 but I'm using the January 1 date because that's when I started writing it.

I couldn't quite make it until midnight on New Year's Eve. If it hadn't been for the wrestling show interrupting the Twilight Zone "marathon", I think I could have done it. How to you call something a marathon when there is a two hour interruption? Would they still call it the Boston Marathon if the people running from Hopkinton to Boston took a two hour break to watch a fake wrestling match in the park? I don't think so!

Also, if they'd had a slightly better episode at 11:30 pm, I think I might have made it. The show I really wanted to see, "The Midnight Sun", wasn't going to be on until midnight and I was just exhausted. The episode at 11:30 pm titled "The Masks" just wasn't as interesting to me. But, of course, it makes sense to have an episode called "The Midnight Sun" at midnight.

My son, Evan, was a true gentleman and didn't make me feel bad about going to bed early. He ended up staying up until midnight himself but said it wasn't as much fun.

My resolutions for the coming year are not so much to do new things or stop bad things but to just do more of what I've been trying to do all along - love the Lord our God, love my wife, love my kids and play with them when I can, work hard, keep walking, eat moderately and keep writing in this blog - although I'll try to write more often.

Here's wishing that anyone else reading this will have a great year.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Happy 2011! Nice to finally get to catch up on your posts, really enjoy reading your adventures, even when it's just watching tv with your son. I used to watch "The Twilight Zone" with my brother...seemed to be the thing to do on my birthday then too.
Smile today. :)