Monday, January 01, 2018

Let's make this a better year

I let myself get rattled by other events in 2017 and stopped updating this blog in January last year. I'm proposing to make a fresh start and write every few days this year.

I've learned a lot over the last year. I've seen a few good movies. I've read a few good books. I've grown in my journey to emulate Jesus Christ and the Spirit has given me insights into my failings, my strengths and what I should be doing. I've grown as a software engineer and I truly think I'm better at my job than I've ever been. I continue using the Java programming language for most of my work but I continue to learn and use Python and last year I found I will need to learn C# for one important project. I have some interesting projects to work on this coming year and, perhaps, I can write about what I learn (without being too specific and getting fired). There have been some terrific sermon series at our church this year and maybe I can write about some of those.

That's it for now. It's going to take some time to get back in the habit of writing here. I am very out-of-practice and it's surprising, to me, how much harder it is to put my thoughts into words now. Just like how my piano playing has declined because of my lack of practice. That's another thing I hope to do more this year. There is a chance for an open performance at a local library later this year and I'm going to try to work on a really nice arrangement of I'm Beginning to See the Light to perform there.


No comments: