Monday, January 29, 2018

Another nice thing about writing

About six years ago, I wrote about a nice aspect of writing which is that you can win all the arguments. You can make conversations go the way you want them to go. I wrote a rather lame example - because I'm not a very good writer. But that doesn't stop me from writing! How else can you get better at something than to keep going and attempting to better?

So, here's a short example of what you can do if you're writing. It's never too late to write a comeback. Remember the Seinfeld episode when George Costanza can't think of a comeback to someone who insulted him until it's too late? Well, if you're writing the story, it's never too late. So here's my imagined conversation. An Obnoxious Person and Our Hero are having an argument and things start to get heated:

Obnoxious Person: "Don't get smart with me!"

Our Hero: "Well, one of us needs to be smart about this."

What do you think? Should I send this to Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld? Maybe they would consider bring back the series if they had such a great starter for an episode.

No comments: