Friday, June 26, 2009

A funny story that almost happened

One of my college roommates had come to visit me in Pittsburgh and we were on the streetcar on our way home from a long day. I looked around at all the tired, bored people and had an idea. I turned to my friend and said, "I'll give you twenty dollars if you walk to the front of the car and lead everyone in a round of 'Home on the Range'." I don't know what made me do it and I don't know where the idea came from (this was long before the Seinfeld "Chinese Restaurant" episode where Jerry offers Elaine $50 to go to a table of strangers and take an egg roll).

We looked at each other for a minute and he actually looked like he was considering it. I started sweating wondering what I'd do if he took me up on it: Should I join in singing or just sit as low as possible and be embarrassed? In the end, he didn't do it but we both laughed about it. Every time I think about it, I laugh to myself. Just as I'm doing now.

[The picture is from Wikipedia Commons at this page.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the red
Daddya you did a god job




Emma Dodd EXD