Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We had to delay our vacation

I shouldn't be at work today. I should be with my family on our way to vacation. But this year, for only the second time, we had to postpone our vacation.

Every year, we head north to Jefferson, NH to visit Santa's Village. But this year, it is raining so much that we decided to postpone the trip. It's not too bad. We'll go in a couple of weeks but it might be a little more crowded. But it's better than having to wear raincoats all day and worry that we'll get wet on the rides.

We were all looking forward to it and it's a disappointment that we're not on our way there. I love the smell and the sounds as we enter the park. Everyone is so nice there and it's such a relaxed atmosphere. But it's one more thing to look forward to. The only other time we had to postpone our trip was when were already on our way.

We were pulling into a gas station and I had a really hard time stopping at the pump. I checked the brake fluid and it was empty! I couldn't believe I'd let it get that bad. There was a small store there that carried brake fluid. But after I poured it in and tested the brakes a couple of times, the fluid level dropped right away. We had a little braking but not enough to continue on our vacation. So, we looked for a full-service garage in nearby towns and finally found one that said they'd look at it. When they finally took a look, after hours and hours of waiting, they said they'd have to order parts. We couldn't wait any longer so we had to limp home. Some of the brake lines were completely shot. I thought they were made of non-rusting material but something had ruined them and we couldn't use the car except to get home. I don't ever want to drive that far with the car loaded with people I love and worrying about every mile we traveled. I'll take a delayed vacation any day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Santas village




Emma dodd Exd

Anonymous said...

Exd