Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another trip to see Mom

Last year, I went to visit my mother by myself. Here's the link about that trip. It was the first time since I'd been married that I made the trip alone. Well, once again we decided that the trip was too long for us to travel as a family so I'm traveling alone again and I'm taking the train again. I'm scheduling this blog post to show while I'm on the train. I hope everything works that way. I should be sitting in my seat as this is displayed. [edit - See this story to find out how this almost didn't happen]

The schedule is a little different this time. The train is leaving about a half hour earlier but I'll be getting to Pittsburgh about the same time. We're getting up at 4 AM so we can leave about 5 AM to get to the station in Providence, RI at about 6:30 AM. After that, everything should be easy. I'll get to Pittsburgh about 8 PM. A bus leaves from near the train station at 9 PM and gets to my mother's town about 10 PM. I don't think we'll be staying up talking long that night.

I hope to have some stories write about when I get back. Last year I meant to tell about the hard time I had finding the bus that was supposed to be leaving from near the train station. I never found it and had to walk all the way into downtown Pittsburgh and take the subway/streetcar to a town near my mother's town. She had to drive a lot further in the dark than we'd planned. It wasn't good. This year will be better.

No comments: