Monday, September 14, 2009

The Rules of Life - Part 1

I went to the kitchen in our office for one last cup of coffee and needed a paper towel to wipe up the mess I made. No paper towels were in the holder. Yet, when I looked at the storage shelf, there were plenty of new rolls. The person who took the last paper towel either didn't know where the towels were stored (not likely), was in too much of a rush (aren't we all?) or just didn't know one of the simple rules of life.

In the hopes of helping others who somehow missed the Rules of Life as they were growing up, I'm going to start a series of entries in this blog to list the rules everyone should know. The entries in this series are guaranteed not to come regularly and are not guaranteed to be rules that anyone else will agree with. Yes, I know I'm being silly but this should be fun. And yes, I know the real rules of life are found in the Bible, But those are already collected into one, easy to find Book. The rules I'm going to write about are not quite so important. They are just common sense and make life a little easier for the rest of us.

Rule of Life #1 - If you take the last of something (paper towels, coffee, whatever), replace it. You are not any busier than anyone else. And if you are so busy, why did you have the time to take the last of that item?

2 comments:

Emma said...

Dear my poems that i am
doing.
Roses or red
Violets or blue
I feel just right
with a hug from too you.
Emma.

JED said...

What a nice poem, Emma. Thank you.

Daddya