Friday, January 01, 2010

First post of the year

This is just a quick note to start out the new year. After trying to stay up until midnight for a number of New Year's Eves, my son was finally able to stay awake until just after the new year turned last night. He's 13 and is very proud of himself. I stayed up with him but this isn't my first time and the need to do it wasn't as great for me - other than I didn't want him to have to stay up by himself. It was more fun for us to do it together and to encourage each other. We also had help from the SyFy Channel having a The Twilight Zone marathon starting on New Year's Eve and running through New Year's Day. It really helped us stay awake.

I used to enjoy the SyFy Channel more when it was known as the SciFi Channel and didn't have such an emphasis on ghost hunting and other paranormal activities. But they do have some good science fiction movies from time to time and they are the only ones showing The Twilight Zone.

No comments: