Tuesday, November 09, 2010

My wife beats me

Yes, that title caught your attention didn't it? It is not what you think. My wife is very kind to me. She does a lot of things for me and is one of only a few people who think my jokes are funny. She would never hit me and I would never hit her. No, what I meant about my wife beating me was that she beat me in getting pictures of our Halloween outfits into our blogs (Cindy's entry is here). As a matter of fact, this blog is very much behind - in everything. I can't believe my last post was 11 days ago! I try to post something every 2 or 3 days (trending more toward the 3 than the 2). So, without further ado, here is how three of us went out trick or treating.

Last year, my son Evan went as Mario of the Nintendo game fame. I mentioned it in a post last year. This year, he wanted to go as Luigi (Mario's brother) and we thought it would be fun if I wore the old Mario costume and we went together. To keep with the theme, my daughter Emma decided to go as Princess Peach who is always either being rescued by Mario and Luigi or is helping them on their adventures. Also, in keeping with the theme, my wife was going to make a Princess Daisy costume but she wasn't happy with it in the end so I was just going to go out with the kids. Then Emma came down with a cold and we thought it best if Emma came home early so my wife ended up going out with us and then she and Emma came home early.

First of all, it was amazing that I was able to wear a costume my then-13-year-old son had worn! Then it was fun to hear the comments of people who recognized us as the Mario Brothers. Also, it was nice to see Emma perk up when we said she could go trick or treating for a while at least. I feel like I'm a kid again.

No comments: