Monday, March 28, 2011

Big Moon again, or How a Tripod Helps Get a Great Picture

Over a week ago, I wrote about our going to the beach to see the moon rise when the moon was going to appear especially large and how I wasn't able to get a good picture of the event because I'd forgotten to bring my tripod. Well, on the NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day site you can see a terrific picture of that same moonrise. This one is over Boston. I've got a smaller version of that picture here but you really should go to the NASA website and see this picture full size. The picture is copyrighted by Dennis Di Ciccio.

Something I learned at the NASA site was that this large moon will repeat as soon as next year on May 6! I'll have my tripod with me when I go to see that one. I just hope the sky is clear again.

No comments: