Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A year with my scooter

It's been a year since I made my first post about my motor scooter. I've ridden about 3,800 miles on it in that time and I have to say that it's been one of the best things I've ever bought. It's cheaper to own and operate than a car and it doesn't take up room in our driveway. It fits nicely in our shed. But I won't be riding it much this week because we're on vacation. There are still some things you need a car (or a van) for!

Saving money using the scooter is great, of course, but another aspect to it is the fun I have riding it to and from work. I ride it around town doing small chores, too. It's nice to think I don't have to waste a gallon of gas every time I run to the store to pick up one small item. I actually look forward to running to the post office or the hardware store for little things, now. I hope to be getting helmets for the rest of my family so that, maybe, one of them can come with me on these little jaunts.

I look forward to many more years of using my scooter. It's been very reliable and easy to maintain so far. Of course, now that the warranty period is over, I may find that things will start to go wrong. I'll be sure to write about them (and their solutions) as I run into them. But, for now, everything is great.

No comments: