Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm so cheap

Our company provides massages (by a licensed massage therapist) a couple of days a week. Many of the people in our office get them and some do it regularly. The company subsidizes the cost so employees only have to pay $10 for a half-hour massage.

Lately, my neck has been bothering me. I can't turn my head to the right very far without getting pain. So, for the first time, I was thinking about signing up for a massage. As I was walking down to the sign-up sheet, though, all I could think about was all the other things I could do with that $10. I could buy a nice lunch or a good book or pay for popcorn and soda when we go to the movies. The idea that the massage therapist might possibly find the reason for my stiff neck and help ease the pain isn't enough to get me to do something I consider an "extra". Of course, all the other things are extras, too. But somehow, a massge seems "more extra". I'm a strange person.



2 comments:

Cindy said...

We do a lot of extras. If it is a man I say go for it. A woman, don't think about it.

LOVE
CINDY!

Gloria said...

You would definitely feel the benefits immediately! I have to save my pennies (lots of them!) to get one but they are worth it every time I get the chance. I also like the hot stones, it takes a little getting used to, but they really are relaxing.
Smile today. :)