Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Titmouse pictures

My back is still giving me trouble and I find it hard to concentrate. When I do have time to write in this blog, my mind is worn out. So, this post is simply some old pictures. Seeing the young Tufted Titmouse in our bird banding visit made me think of these old pictures.

I took these pictures a few years ago (2007 and 2008). The top one was taken in June, 2007. I was able to take these pictures when the woods were closer to the path. I was able to sneak up on the birds and get closer pictures back then. But in 2009, the path was widened by a machine that was hired by the town to clear a fire break through the forest. The posts about that are "Disappearing forest", "Disappearing forest mystery solved" and "The return of the Tree Muncher". Now, the tall trees are much further from the path and it is harder to get close pictures of birds.

The second picture was taken in April, 2008. This bird was more stealthy but you can see that I was able to get a little closer. That bright, shining eye just can;t be hidden. So, even though I was closer than he would like, I was able to creep up on him because the forest was more dense. I liked it better back then. It felt more like you were out in the wild then. But nothing can stay the same can it?

As with all of my pictures, just click on these images and you'll see a larger version.

2 comments:

Fire-Cat said...

Cute Little Birdy!
Henry would run away even if it has the word mouse in it, Rosie would find a cricket and gobble it up but leave the Titmouse alone & Leave some Cricket legs behind.

Love Fire-Cat

JED said...

Thank you, Fire-Cat. Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if these little birds would scare Henry. He's not the bravest cat in the world.