Tuesday, November 06, 2012

I voted early this morning...

...but not early enough. There was a long line awaiting me when I got there. I dutifully stepped to the back of the line. Then I noticed that there were some people who appeared to be cutting line. Boy, of all the times for that to happen. This is supposed to be the day when we all come together to celebrate our having the freedom to vote. We are supposed to rise above our baser instincts and all join together to make this thing work. If we can't cooperate in something as simple as voting, how are we going to work together to solve bigger problems?

I stood there steaming and slowly moving up while the "line cutters" seemed to be moving faster. Finally, someone came out and announced, "If the street you live on starts with the letters A through N, please come over to to this line," indicating the shorter, faster moving line. Our street starts with T and I was in the correct line. Too bad there wasn't a sign when we first came in or someone to tell us. But then, the whole thing is voluntary so why am I complaining?

When I finally got to the beginning of the line, I asked, "Where do we go to request a new name for our street? I kind of like Aardvark Highway." Isn't there enough discrimination in life without being alphabetically discriminated against? There I go complaining again.

1 comment:

Fire-Cat said...

I saw your name check marked already yesterday!