Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rode my scooter to work today

Yes, it may be January but it doesn't feel like it. When I walked the dog this morning, I didn't need to wear gloves and the roads looked dry (no ice from melted water refreezing overnight). So, I thought, "Why not?"

I did leave a little early so I could take my time and go slowly so I could scan ahead for icy patches. The only problem I had, though, was that the sun was so bright and low in the sky, I had to shield my eyes a few times. I did go through some icy spots on straightaways but this scooter handled amazingly well. I wouldn't want to go over ice on a curve but I'm a lot less fearful now that I've seen how the scooter handles in that situation.

So, I've ridden my scooter to work in every month of the year except February. But you never know.

2 comments:

Fire-Cat said...

I Still Think you shouldn't have took that scooter today!

Gloria said...

It warmed up here a bit too and was great to get out...you were brave to try the scooter though. We still had patches of ice to look out for here but the sun felt great!
Smile today. :)