Friday, February 08, 2013

The best calzone I've ever had

My wife, Cindy, had to go to Boston on Monday and Tuesday this week for medical tests at Boston Medical Center and I went with her. She had to deal with the annoyance, discomfort and, sometimes, pain of the tests while I sat there reading a book. These were follow-up tests to the ones I mentioned  in my post "Amyloidosis".

So, after the first morning's tests were done, we had hoped to go somewhere nice so Cindy could relax. But we didn't have enough time to go far and it was very cold and windy so we didn't want to walk far, either. We saw the place pictured here and thought it looked good. I ordered a Greek calzone and I have to say it was the best calzone I've ever had! The crust was fluffy and light, it was sliced into manageable pieces and it had cheese dribbled over it.Cindy just had a tuna sandwich and enjoyed that, too. But that calzone!

So, if you're ever on Harrison Avenue in the Roxbury section of Boston, it's at #851 just off Massachusetts Avenue. Give it a try. They were so nice and seemed genuinely pleased when I told them how much I liked my lunch. Here is their website (not much there) and their menu at grubhub.

No comments: