Sunday, January 05, 2020

More about Angie

I was going to move on to the second reason why 2019 was a hard year for writing in my blog but I wanted to say a few more things about my mother-in-law, my wife and my children.

Angie had a great sense of humor. If you asked her how she slept the night before, she'd say, "Laying down." Whenever she was going through a tough time, she'd sing, "Why oh why did I ever leave Wyoming," even though she'd never lived there. She used to go to rock concerts with Cindy (her daughter - my wife) even though she didn't like the music much, just because Cindy have many close friends to go with her or friends with Cindy's taste in music.

I was so proud of my children. My son snag with me during the funeral mass at Angie's church. He has a wonderful voice and many people complimented his singing and he was asked a few times to join that churches choir. But he sings in our church's choir. He wasn't nervous at all. He loves to sing. As I mentioned before, and at the reception following the burial, "All Welshmen think they can sing. With that many people singing, there are bound to be a few really good singers stand out."

My daughter delivered the eulogy during the funeral mass. She wrote it her self and covered all the important and endearing things about her grandmother. She read it in a clear, firm voice. I could tell she was moved by the loss and by the service but she didn't falter.

Cindy was wonderful. She organized everything and lead us all through the tough time. She held her hurt and loss in so she could talk to everyone and renew old friendships. She loved her mother so much. She sacrificed her own wants and needs to make sure her mother was comfortable and being well cared for. She organized the nurses and other care givers. She made the room as comfortable as possible. She would never hear of letting her mother go to a nursing home. Angie spent her last years in the house she and her husband Ralph had build so long ago. She was a wonderful woman. We will miss her forever - at least until we meet again.

No comments: