Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow moval

Yes, I titled this "Snow moval" not "Snow REmoval". That's because, in spite of what our town calls it, no one is removing any snow from the roads or sidewalks. They are just moving all the snow onto our property and expecting us to clean it up. I'm not removing it, either. I'm just moving it to a different place in our yard - preferably not in our driveway. Snow Removal would mean someone is picking up the snow and taking it somewhere else. Or even melting it and letting the water drain away. Now there's an interesting thought.

I'm sorry to keep ranting about this but it drives me crazy to take about a half hour to clear the driveway up to about ten or fifteen feet from the road and then take another half hour just to get that last ten or fifteen feet done. That's not only because the town plows have piled it up so high but because it is slushy with salt-melted snow and has pieces of rock and pavement in it. One of these days I hope to get before and after picture of this. Before the plows come and after the plows have done their work. After I've calmed down. Perhaps some day I'll get over this.

Perhaps I won't.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Not only that, the recycling truck came this morning after you brought the stuff back in.