Monday, October 25, 2010

A late anniversary

How did I miss this? I guess because it's not that big of a deal. But I just noticed that I've been blogging for four years now. I made my first post on Saturday, October 14, 2006. I didn't start all that well. I did OK in the first month with 14 posts in only half a month but then things dropped off quickly. In the next month, I only made 2 posts and I made no posts in December of that year. But the reason was that we moved into our new house the first week of November. There was no time for fun stuff like posting to my blog. But the sad part is that I should have made the time to write about our moving into the new place. It would be so interesting to look back at what my feelings were at that time. It was a very hectic time but it was exciting, too.

We had been living in my mother-in-law's basement since August of that year. We were crowded and most of our stuff was in storage. So, we were happy to be getting more room and finding the things we'd been missing for two or three months. Surprisingly, the cats were the least happy about moving. They liked their little domain. There were tons of boxes to hide behind and they seemed to like the quiet and darkness of the basement. My mother-in-law likes animals but one of the ground rules for our moving in was that the cats wouldn't be coming upstairs. Charlie, our dog, wasn't to be in the house at all.

But that is all behind us now. I wish I had blog posts from the moving days but I don't. Just remember that now and don't use, "I have no time to write," as an excuse not to blog. Not having the time means a lot is happening and that is the very time I should be blogging!

No comments: