Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Just one more post about mushrooms...

...for now. I've got just a few more mushroom pictures I'd like to post. The first is of a pair of plain, old mushrooms but I like the way this shot turned out. They look like old friends here and are leaning on each other. Or is the lower mushroom just trying to get the larger mushroom's attention? Yes, I know, I'm going too far. Let's just say it's a nice picture of two mushrooms.

The next picture is of a single brownish mushroom that looks more like an umbrella. The pleats look manufactured to me. OK, I won't read too much into this. I just like the look of it. One funny thing, though, is that this mushroom was out in the open. Usually I find that mushrooms grow best in the shade and in loose, moist soil. This one is growing on a hard packed path with no cover.




The final picture (at least in this post:-) is of an emerging mushroom. Its color is so bright and bold it is almost as if it's the brightness of the color that is forcing the ground to give way as the mushroom grows upward.

By the way, I found that it was NOT our company's firewall that was causing my picture upload problems to Blogger. I had trouble from home last night, too. These pictures were uploaded from work. At lunch time, of course.

1 comment:

Thoreau said...

The top one looks like a Mega mushroom!