Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Worst Day of the Year

The worst day of the year? That would be the day we turn our clocks ahead an hour for Daylight Saving Time (the official name - I call it Daylight Moving Time). Not only do we lose sleep (and no, the effects of gaining an hour's sleep last fall has worn off by now), but now, when we get up at 6 AM, it is dark again like it was in the dead of winter. This morning sunrise was at 6:59 AM but the day before, March 10, sunrise was at 6:01 AM. To get back to having sunrise around 6:01, we have to wait until April 14 when sunrise will be at 6:02 AM.

But it's not only the loss of sleep and the return to darkness that drives me crazy about this. Since I'm riding my scooter to work again, it's colder than it should be and the roads haven't had a chance to dry out from the nighttime dew. Who are the idiots that decided to move an already ridiculous time change even earlier? I'll tell you one thing, they are not morning people!



No comments: