Friday, June 22, 2012

National "Take Your Dog to Work" Day

We have been on vacation for four days (more on that in another post) so I found out about this too late. Plus, our dog, Charlie, had been in the kennel for those four days and he wasn't himself after we picked him up yesterday (or "breaking out" as he puts it). So, I probably wouldn't have have him to work today anyway. But two of the guys in the Software Group did bring their dogs in today.

I guess the news story that prompted me to write my "Dogs at Work" post was looking forward to today. They didn't mention that this was a special day, though. Go to this link for a news story about it. It has a funny picture, too. The first picture (on the right) is of Max, the Cockapoo. He was very curious about what goes on in our office. He made sure to check everything out and sniffed everything to make sure no danger was lurking in the corners. He was very well mannered and didn't cause any problems. By the way, yes, Max does have two eyes. The other is just covered up in this picture.

Our other visitor was Rocky. He is in the second picture (on the left) and was a little more hesitant about being in the office. He is part boxer and part something else. You could tell he wasn't used to being in a room of cubicles. He was especially wary of me! I hoped he would smell my dog on me and relax a bit but something about me worried Rocky. Like Max, he was very well behaved and didn't cause any problems. I was just a little disappointed. I like to think that all dogs everywhere like me. It's humbling when you find out that isn't true.

It's no different than when we find out that we won't be liked by every human we meet, either. Try as we might, we are just not going to be liked by some people. Just as we don't necessarily like everyone we meet. Some people just rub you the wrong way. We are admonished to love everyone but it doesn't mean we're going to like everyone.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

True, that bothers me some days more than others if I think someone doesn't like me but I keep an open heart and kharma usually takes care of those people for me. You just can't please some people or expect everyone to like you. Lesson learned.
Smile today. :)

Cindy said...

How could anyone not like you??