Thursday, April 09, 2009

Back at work - and worrying

As I mentioned in another post, "Too bad we don't get better - all of a sudden", I regret the fact that I'm not feeling completely well yet. I'm feeling well enough to come to work and be able to concentrate again but it is a struggle to keep my mind focused. I'm not coughing and sneezing like I was so at least I'm not getting others infected (I'm washing my hands often and using a paper towel to pick up items other people might use). As I mentioned yesterday, I'm a little worried about my being late with my parts of our latest project but what's really worrying me is our dog, Charlie.

He has a lot of fatty tumors around his body and the vet has told us not to worry about them - as long as they stay soft and pliable. But when one started to grow outside of his body, on his stomach, we decided it was time to have the vet take a special look. He found some pre-cancerous cells in it and suggested that we have it removed. That is happening today - along with two other smaller ones we hadn't noticed before. Then they'll send a sample to an oncology lab to see if we are in for more problems. We'll know a bit more this after noon when we pick Charlie up and a little bit more when we get the report from the oncology lab. Of course, what we want is for Charlie to just be well - all at once and forever. That doesn't happen with this kind of thing. Hosanna!

No comments: