Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A thought on the way to work

As I was trying to make a left on a busy road, I saw a small gap a few cars ahead and prepared to turn so the kind person leaving the gap wouldn't have to slow down. Well, the "kind" person sped up! The gap was too big and I was able to safely get across but instead of being mad and making an unfriendly gesture at them, I waved and said (not that they could hear me), "Thank you". I felt better for it and thought of the words in Proverbs 25:21-22 that were repeated by Paul in Romans:

Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:19-21 [NIV]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i Love you daddya Love Emma to you daddya May 2009 30