Friday, September 24, 2010

Better news about bad news

As I've mentioned before in this post and this post, my wife and my mother-in-law both have breast cancer. They are both in the very early stages and both have had operations (two operations in my wife's case) and have come through them well. My mother-in-law got the relatively good news last Friday that no traces of cancer were found in the lymph nodes they removed nor was any found in the outer areas of the lump they removed. Now, yesterday, we got word that no more cancer was found in the tissue removed in my wife's second operation. So, we thank God for this answered prayer and look forward with hope to the future.

They still need to meet with a radiologist and an oncologist to decide what their treatment will be like and how long it will go. But we are happy that no further operations will be needed. We couldn't ask for better news at this point in the journey.

No comments: