Thursday, September 30, 2010

"The mushrooms that bloom in the fall"

..."Tra La". With apologies to Gilbert and Sullivan (and Nanki-Poo and Ko-Ko who sing this song in The Mikado), for taking the title of their song and modifying it to use as the title for this post. I'm not talking about flowers today. It's mushrooms that are "blooming" around here. The mushrooms in the top picture at the right looked like they were covered in velvet. The second picture is hardly even recognizable as mushrooms.

I am seeing an amazing number and variety of mushrooms lately on my walks in the woods. I've shown pictures of mushrooms before but I've never seen like what I've seen over the last few days. The interesting thing to me is that it hasn't been that damp. In fact, it has been pretty dry. We've gotten a good rain once in a while (and we're due for a big one today).

Because I'm having trouble with Blogger uploading my pictures, that's going to be it for today. I'll try to put the rest on tomorrow. Is anyone else having trouble with "server errors" when they try to upload pictures to their Blogger account? I started this blog early in the day and it took me until 9 PM to be able to get just these two pictures loaded.

No comments: