Wednesday, February 10, 2016

My favorite pair of shoes

Once in a while I like to highlight some product that I really like. Normally, I'm pretty cheap but if I find something that does what it is supposed to do and does it well, I think it's worth paying more for it. Also, if it lasts, I think it's worth paying more. So, with all of that behind me, I want to tell you about the best pair of shoes I've ever owned.

The Merrell Moab Waterproof Hiking Shoe. I bought mine at Eastern Mountain Sports but they are available in a lot of different places. I wasn't even really shopping for a new pair of shoes. We were just looking around but I was dissatisfied with the shoes I had and had previously suffered from Plantar fasciitis (as I mentioned here and again here) and so when I saw these shoes, I thought it might be worth trying them on. From the beginning I liked them. For one thing, they are wider than normal. For another, they have a sturdy sole but they are relatively light - I didn't feel like they were holding me down. Even without arch supports, I felt good when I wore them and walked in them. I have added arch supports but I'm not really sure they are needed. But once you've suffered with Plantar fasciitis (or twice in my case), you don't mess around and just try things. You stick with what you know will work.

I wear these shoes everywhere and I've had them for years now. And the only thing I've seen take wear are the laces. I did have to get new ones recently. But the sole is still holding up. I highly recommend them. They are great fro walking, hiking and even help when you are just standing for a long period of time. That brings up another subject for a later post - I am volunteering in our church's café every other Sunday. We serve regular coffee, espresso, latte, cappuccino and pastries (including toasted bagels). We're on our feet for a few hours and these shoes let me do that with no pain or stress. That deserves a blog post of its own some day.


No comments: