Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Not so bad this year

I never thought I'd be writing this but here it is - the time change this past week-end wasn't so bad for me this year. I have to read that again myself because I can't even believe my own words. We "spang ahead" at 2 AM Sunday morning, March 13, lost an hour of sleep and I didn't feel it! That has never happened before.

In fact, I usually write about how I hate the time change; I hate both fall and spring - but especially spring. I've written about it in spring 2009, fall 2011 and spring 2012. And now again. But this is the first time that I can remember that it hasn't disrupted my life. I was finding that as I got older, it was becoming harder and harder to adjust each time we changed the clocks. But now this. Am I getting younger? Maybe last November, when we turned the clocks back one hour, we really turned them back and now we're all much younger than we were before. At least I feel that way. I don't think I ever got through a time change this well even when I was much younger. But I don't want to analyze it too much. I'll just enjoy this while I can.

No comments: