Sunday, January 01, 2023

Let's try this again

Here it is - the first day of 2023 and I'm going to make an attempt to start writing in this blog regularly - again.. I've taken breaks before but never for this long. I didn't post anything at all in 2022. My last post was in March of 2021 shortly after I had retired.

I really thought I'd be writing more after I retired. I have plenty of free time now and, in fact, I did write a few drafts but didn't finish them. There is no less to write about. I just need to focus. That has been my biggest problem since retiring - FOCUS. I see no deadlines in my life now. I feel I have all the time in the world. I keep putting things off because I can. It's a dangerous thing. We all dislike deadlines but if we don't have deadlines (of some sort), there is no push to finish projects.

So, I am going to make an attempt to write some every day or at least once a week to start. But there I go again - not following through. Let's just see if I can write something every day for a week. If I can do that, maybe there is hope for this blog. When I reach the end of the week (next Sunday - my wife and my anniversary), I'll reassess this blog. What I like most about this blog is going back and reading old posts. It is fascinating to see what I was thinking about and doing before. And the farther back in time, the more interesting it is.

There is no picture in this post. That's another thing I hope to accomplish - taking more photos so I will have pictures to help illuminate the subject of what I'm writing about. I used to take tons of pictures but now it is rare for me to take a picture. Usually, it has been so long between pictures that I have to charge the battery of my camera first. 

Here are some things I may possibly write about in the upcoming days and weeks. My children are now 26 and 20 years old. They have matured in ways I could never imagine. One of them is working two job and the other is in college and is engaged to be married. I love my wife more than ever and love that I have so much time to spend with her. The church we belong to is growing and helping people in our community and around the world. Our minister continues to give fascinating sermons which I need to tell you about. New people continue to grow their faith in Jesus and give their lives to God. I've read a lot of new books that I should tell you about, too.

That's all for tonight. See you tomorrow.


No comments: