Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Yes, I've already missed a day

There is no excuse except that I forgot to post something yesterday. So, my great plans of starting out the new year by writing everyday the first week are disrupted. I'm going to write two entries today but that doesn't change the fact that I missed yesterday. Sometimes, there is no way to make up for something we failed to do.

In most cases, like this one, it's not that important. It's disappointing that I didn't keep to my plan yesterday but the world will keep spinning and no one is impacted by this. But other times it is more important. If you forget to pay a bill before it's due, you have to pay a penalty. If you don't say good bye to someone you won't see for a long time, you will regret it. If you fail to pick someone up at an agreed upon time, you can cause all sorts of problems. So, it's a good idea to get in the habit of keeping your word in everything. I just need to align the level of my disappointment with the level of the problem it causes. I am going to try to not overreact to the things I don't (or can't) do on time.


No comments: