Thursday, February 27, 2014

63

Today, I am 63 years old. We won't be celebrating my birthday today, though. The celebration will happen this week-end. You know what the best part of this is? I said, "We" in that second sentence. I know you're getting tired of me making such a big deal about not getting married until I was 42 years old but it was very important that it took me that long to find true love. Men who got married young and had children when they were young are fortunate and I know they love their wives and children, too. But getting married and having children so late has affected my life and has made me appreciate these gifts so much more than I would have if they had happened earlier. I feel the way I hear people talk about thinking they had died and then finding that they were still alive. It makes them so much more appreciative of their life. That's the way I feel about being married and having children. It nearly didn't happen. I don't deserve it. It was a gift from God and I thank Him every day for that gift.

I didn't actually post this until the next day and thought about not posting at all. But then I thought better of it. Better to have posted late (and back-dated the post) than never to have posted at all. Also, I wanted to look forward to two posts I'm going to make about what happened for my birthday celebration. You'll see.

No comments: